Items 145-180 of 192
- Prevest Denpro Hiflex Impression Composition (Art.70012)Regular Price ₹190 Special Price ₹135Red in colourRound plate shaped cakesOut of stock
- 3M ESPE Impregum Soft Polyether Impression MaterialRegular Price ₹4680 Special Price ₹3910Out of stock
- Cavex Dental Mecalgin Chromatic Alginate 453gSpecial Price ₹250Chromatic , Peppermint FlavourDust Free, lead free, cadmium free, pink colourOut of stock
- Voco Registrado X-tra Cartridge 2 x 50mlSpecial Price ₹3600Optimize final hardnessAllows application without time pressure
- Kulzer Memosil 2 Automix Cartridge RefillRegular Price ₹4527 Special Price ₹3526Transparent A-SiliconeFastOut of stock
- Rabbit Force Disposable Impression Trays Set Per PairsSpecial Price ₹51Out of stock
- API Perforated Impression Trays - Non AutoclavableSpecial Price ₹350SmoothHigh QualityOut of stock
- Samit Metal Dentulous Impression Trays (U3) - Super Saver FreebieRegular Price ₹84 Special Price ₹0.01AutoclavableStainless SteelOut of stock
- Neelkanth Tray SolveSpecial Price ₹625Impression TraysOut of stock
- Cavex Dental Green CleanSpecial Price ₹2000Quick and easy, green powderpH- neutralOut of stock
- Prevest Denpro Hiflex Silky Touch Light Body (Art.70005)Special Price ₹1500Impression materialExtraordinarily smoothOut of stock
- BM4 Power BlockRegular Price ₹1637 Special Price ₹1321Hydrosoluble insulating lubricating gelIndicated for lubrication of retraction cords
- 1 Avue Core Nano Dual + 1 Avue Gum Putty + 1 Avue Gum Light BodySpecial Price ₹7064
- Densafe Bite Registration Tray - Premium Free GoodyRegular Price ₹170 Special Price ₹0Rigid Plastic FrameErgonomic Designed HandleOut of stock
- Top Dent Perforated Impression Trays Rim Lock (Set of 10)Special Price ₹3083
- API Impression Trays - Autoclavable (Set Of 10)Special Price ₹270AutoclavableHigh QualityOut of stock
- Ultradent Opalescence 20% PF Regular Doctor Kit (5387)Special Price ₹5793
- DMG Germany Tray AdhesiveSpecial Price ₹1200Easy to apply and handleShort setting time after applicationOut of stock
Items 145-180 of 192
Buy Impression Materials Online In India
Following history taking and clinical examination, impressions of the dental arches are made by the clinician, in order to make working or study models. Agar hydrocolloid was the first impression material to be successfully used in dentistry. Making perfect dental impressions is an important step in treatment involving replacement of missing teeth and also other specialties such as orthodontics. Choosing the right materials and good technique, aids in making appropriate impressions. Over the years, research in dental material science has resulted in the invention of various impression materials to suit different clinical scenarios.
What are the different types of impression materials?
The impression materials used in dentistry can be classified under various heads. Based on the mode of setting, they are classified as thermal setting and chemical setting. Thermally setting materials are reversible while the chemically setting ones are irreversible. On the basis of rigidity, they might be categorized as rigid, such as impression plaster and impression compound, and elastic such as alginate and elastomeric impression materials.
Alginate is a widely used dental impression material. It is an irreversible elastic hydrocolloid which is a mucous extract yielded from some brown sea weeds. Alginates are used to make preliminary impressions for dentulous and edentulous patients. The types of alginate include fast set (type 1) and normal set (type 2).
Working time :-
- Type 1 - 1¼ minutes
- Type 2 - 2 minutes
Setting time :-
- Type 1 - 1-2 minutes
- Type 2 – 4½ minutes
Chromatic alginates change color during the mixing and setting phases to help the dentist keep track of the process.
Modifications in alginates include dust free alginates, siliconized alginates and alginates containing disinfectants.
ELASTOMERIC IMPRESSION MATERIALS:
Elastomers also known as rubber base impression materials are a group of rubber like polymers have high accuracy in impression making. The types of elastomeric impression materials are:
Silicones are of two types; Addition silicone and Condensation silicone, classified based on the type of polymerization reaction that takes place during the setting process.
Elastomers are available in different consistencies ranging from light body to putty like consistency. Some of the frequently used putty materials include Novabone putty and Aquasil putty. Light body elastomeric impression materials are used in conjunction with putty materials while making the impression, to record the finer details as they have better flow properties.
Impression compounds are thermally setting, reversible impression materials. They are thermoplastic materials, available in the form of cakes or sticks. The impression compound cakes are used in making full mouth impressions. The sticks are usually used in border moulding, to record the functional depth and width of the sulci, before making the final wash impression.
They are made up of resins, filler particles and lubricants. Since they are thermoplastic materials no chemical reaction takes place during setting. The advantages of using impression compound include reusability, biocompatibility and long shelf life. However, the due to the poor dimensional stability, their use has been restricted to making preliminary impressions and tray borders.
Impression trays are instruments which are used to carry, confine and control the impression material inside the patients’ oral cavity. They may be classified under various heads such as materials from which they are made of, perforations to facilitate flow of the impression materials, whether they are used for dentulous or edentulous patients and based on extent of the impression i.e. full arch or sectional impressions. Triple trays are used to make impressions of the opposing arches in a single step, using the closed mouth impression technique.
Tray adhesives are used to adhere the impression material to the tray since they do not have adhesive properties. Usage of tray adhesives is recommended while making impressions using rubber base impression materials
A challenging aspect of impression making in crown and bridge preparations is management of the gingival tissues. For this reason, tissue retraction cords and pastes are available which helps in recording the finish lines better.
What are the brands selling impression materials online in India?
Zhermack, 3M ESPE, GC, Septodont, Dentsply, DMG, Coltene, Capri, Medicept, Meta, DPI, Dispodent, Prime Dental, Pascal, Danville, Ivoclar, GDC, Cavex, Prevest Denpro and Voco are some of the many brands that sell impression materials and related products at PinkBlue.in
Why buy dental impression materials online at PinkBlue.in?
Being the leading dental supply chain in the country, PinkBlue.in offers a wide range of dental products at the best prices available. All products are 100% genuine and are of standard quality. This is ensured by procuring the supplies from trusted manufacturers and vendors. With over 22000 products overall, PinkBlue.in has the most comprehensive catalog available online in the country. The many options available, aid dentists to select the products to best suit their need. There are various modes of payment to suit the dentists’ convenience, in addition to earning cashback points on every purchase.