- Reflect Chromatic Dust-Free Alginate
As low as ₹299Strawberry & Chocolate flavoursFood-grade feel-fresh pack
- DPI Algitex
As low as ₹152Lead FreeExcellent Dimensional Stability
- Septodont PlastalginRegular Price ₹300 Special Price ₹257Class A alginates for accurate impressionsDust free formula
- Zhermack Tropicalgin Alginate
As low as ₹361Easy mixingFast water absorption
- DPI Imprint
As low as ₹155Satin TexturedMicro Cellular Alginate Powder
- Major Algin Plus TropicalRegular Price ₹375 Special Price ₹296Excellent stabilityLead and cadmium free
- Pyrax Chromofinn (30 Impression Pouch)Regular Price ₹375 Special Price ₹280Smooth And Fine TextureNon Sticky
- Major Algin Plus @Rs 1 (PB Days Special)Regular Price ₹375 Special Price ₹290Chromatic indicationExcellent stability
- Prime Dental Prime Chrome AlginateRegular Price ₹300 Special Price ₹268Alginate impression materialChromatic, dust free and thixotropic
- GC Impreceed Dust-Free Alginate Impression MaterialSpecial Price ₹375Accurate ImpressionOptimal Thixotropic Property
- Prevest Denpro Alfina
As low as ₹254Enhanced powder-water affinityDust and lead free
- Zhermack Neocolloid Alginate 500gRegular Price ₹575 Special Price ₹539Easy mixingFast water absorptionOut of StockDentsply Zelgan 2002 Alginate 450gRegular Price ₹375 Special Price ₹296Dust-free alginate impression materialComplies with ISO 1563 and EN 21563Out of StockMothers Dental Effect Alginate Impression MaterialRegular Price ₹499 Special Price ₹351Exhibits thixotropic propertiesDust free and long impression storageOut of StockSeptodont Marieflex Normal
As low as ₹290Class A alginatesNaturally hydrophilicOut of StockCavex Color Change (500g)Special Price ₹685High strengthElasticOut of StockZhermack Hydrogum 5 Alginate - 453gRegular Price ₹700 Special Price ₹534Dust freeExtra fast settingOut of Stock3M ESPE Alginate Impressioning MaterialRegular Price ₹505 Special Price ₹431Out of StockDentsply Zelgan Plus Alginate 1Kg PackRegular Price ₹790 Special Price ₹594Out of StockDentsply Jeltrate Chromatic Alginate 450gRegular Price ₹380 Special Price ₹273Irreversible hydrocolloid materialFor making dental impressions for modelsOut of StockSeptodont Neogenate
As low as ₹550Naturally hydrophilicFluid consistencyOut of StockCavex Water Dosing Bottle For AlginateSpecial Price ₹1102High qualityConvenientOut of StockCavex Dental Green CleanSpecial Price ₹2758Quick and easy, green powderpH- neutralOut of StockCavex Dental Mecalgin Chromatic Alginate 453gSpecial Price ₹250Chromatic , Peppermint FlavourDust Free, lead free, cadmium free, pink colourOut of StockSeptodont AlgiflexClass A AlginatesNaturally hydrophilicOut of StockCavex Alginate cream (500g)Special Price ₹630High strengthElasticOut of StockZhermack Hydrogum Soft Alginate 453gSpecial Price ₹375Fast working and setting timesHomogenous mass, smooth, compact surfacesOut of StockUltradent Opalescence 20% PF Regular Doctor Kit (5387)Special Price ₹6080Out of StockSeptodont Plastalgin ChromaticSpecial Price ₹320Normal setting Alginate materialClass A alginate material for accurate impressionsOut of StockDPI ChromatexRegular Price ₹310 Special Price ₹300Satin TexturedLead Free Excellent Dimensional StabilityOut of StockDentsply Zelgan Plus Alginate 450gm PackRegular Price ₹375 Special Price ₹262Out of Stock
Buy Dental Alginates Online in India
Impression materials are an essential part of the inventory in a dental office. Dentists use various impression materials for different stages of treatment. It also depends on the type of dental treatment. A universally used impression material, to make preliminary impression of the dental arches is the irreversible hydrocolloid, Alginate. Alginate impression materials are widely used in dentistry. The word alginate is derived from term ‘Algin’, coined by a chemist during the end of the 19th century. Alginate is a peculiar extract yielded by certain brown seaweed or algae. Alginates are elastic, irreversible hydrocolloid materials that form an inseparable part of indirect restorations in dentistry. They are simple, cost-effective and with command over the working of the material, the dentist gets the impression right the first time. Alginate has been the staple of most dental offices in the world. Alginate impression materials can be used to make preliminary impressions for provisional crown and bridge restorations, study models and impressions off the opposing dentition. They are also used extensively for making impressions to fabricate orthodontic models, sports mouth guards, bleaching trays and many more. Studies show that alginate can be used as a final impression material for indirect restorations, that have chamfer preparation margins.
What are the different types of dental alginate?
Based on the setting time alginate impression materials can be classified as:
- Type I - Fast setting
- Type II - Normal setting
What are the mixing times for alginate impression materials?
- Fast set alginates - 45 seconds
- Normal set alginates - 60 seconds
Care should be taken to not overmix or undermix the material as it may result in the following undesirable outcomes:
- Overmixing - Reduction in final strength and working time
- Undermixing - Inadequate wetting, lacking homogeneity and poor detail reproduction
Cast pouring with alginate impressions:
Casts should be poured using vacuum mixed stone and a vibrator. Thick mix of plaster or stone can entrap air bubbles. The tray should be placed with the teeth down. If turned upside down there would be a tendency for the water to rise to the highest points, causing faulty cusp tips on the model. Moreover, inverting the tray might cause the alginate to bend away from the tray if the excess material was not trimmed prior to pouring. The case must be removed immediately after it has reached an adequate set. If not, it might result in a “moth eaten” appearance on the cast
What is the composition of dental alginate?
- Potassium alginate (15%) - Thickening agent
- Calcium sulfate (16%) - Reacts with potassium alginate to form the gel
- Trisodium phosphate (2%) - Slows down the reaction time for mixing
- Diatomaceous earth (60%) - Filler
- Zinc oxide (4%) - Adds bulk to the material
- Potassium titanium fluoride (3%) - Improve setting and surface strength
Storage and disinfection of alginate impressions:
Alginate impressions, once set, undergo imbibition and syneresis in a normal clinical environment. This makes the time taken from the set of the material to pouring of the casts very critical. Following removal of the impression from the mouth, the impression should be washed with a water spray. Disinfection of the impression can be done according the practitioner’s choice. The impression must be dried until the shine just disappears. The impression is covered with a damp gauze and stored in a zip-lock cover until pouring of the cast. It is important to note that the elastic recovery of the alginate impression material is slow, and hence cast pouring must be delayed for 10 minutes.
If the disinfection guidelines are not adhered to then distortion can be a problem. Disinfection sprays must be used with caution with alginate impression materials as they might result in the formation of air bubbles. Immersion disinfectants can be used for the recommended period of time, and the quality of the impression may not be impaired.
What are the brands selling alginate impression materials online?
Zhermack Tropicalgin, Dentsply Zelgan, 3M ESPE Alginate Impression Material, Septodont Plastalgin, Zhermack Neocolloid, GC Aroma Fine Plus, Cavex CA37, Septodont Algiflex are some of the various alginate impression materials found online at PinkBlue.in
Why buy dental alginate impression materials online at PinkBlue.in?
PinkBlue.in is the one stop shop for all your dental supply needs. Having a comprehensive catalogue consisting of over 21000 products, that is ever increasing, you have a variety of materials from various manufacturers and vendors all present in one place. This makes it possible to compare and contrast products before deciding the one to best suit your needs. The best quality alginate impression materials can be found at PinkBlue.in. With various convenient payment options available to suit the need of every dentist, PinkBlue offers quick delivery of products at your doorstep.