Tokuyama Palfique LX 5 Syringe Refills
- PALFIQUE LX5 is a light-cured, radiopaque, submicron filled composite resin for use in anterior and posterior restorations and is indicated for all carious classes. PALFIQUE LX5 contains 82% by weight (71% by volume) of silica-zirconia filler and composite filler. A high filler load offers decreased polymerization shrinkage. All inorganic filler contained in PALFIQUE LX5 is a spherical submicron filler (mean particle size: 0.2μm, particle size range: 0.1 to 0.3μm) that is designed to deliver excellent gloss retention and wear resistance. The monomer matrix contains Bis-GMA and Triethylene glycol dimethacrylate.
- PALFIQUE LX5 implements Radical-Amplified Photo polymerization initiator technology(RAP technology). Curing time for PALFIQUE LX5 can be shortened by one-third using a light curing unit with a wavelength range of 400 to 500nm (peak: 470nm) compared to our conventional resin composite.
- RAP technology facilitates a longer working time for PALFIQUE LX5.
Elem Holdings India Pvt Ltd 502 Barton Center 84 MG Road 08025591234 Bangalore Karnataka 560001 India
- Store PALFIQUE LX5 at a temperature between 0 - 25°C (32 - 77°F).
- AVOID direct exposure to light and heat.
- DO NOT use PALFIQUE LX5 after the indicated date of expiration on the syringe or PLT package.
Thoroughly clean the tooth surface with a rubber cup and a fluoride-free paste then rinse with water.
Select the appropriate shade of PALFIQUE LX5 prior to placing the rubber dam using the shade guide provided for PALFIQUE LX5.
- Complete the shade selection within 5 minutes; desiccated teeth are lighter than wet or moist teeth.
- Lightness (color value) is primary importance on shade selection.
- When wavering in shade selection, select the lighter (high value) shade.
- In case of whitened teeth select the shade a few weeks after the completion of whitening. Whitened teeth may become slight darker.
A rubber dam is the preferred method to isolate the tooth from contamination.
Prepare the cavity and rinse with water. Add bevels to the enamel margins of anterior preparations (class III, IV, V), as well as chamfers to the margins of posterior preparations (class I, II) because bevels and chamfers assist in erasing demarcations between the cavity margins and restoration, thereby enhancing both esthetics and retention.
- Scalloped (undulant) bevel could be desirable depending on the esthetics and retention.
- In case of porcelain/composite repairs, roughen the surface with a bur or a diamond point to prepare the area for adhesion; apply phosphoric acid etch for cleaning; rinse thoroughly with water; air dry thoroughly and treat with a silane coupling agent according to manufacturers instructions.
Glass ionomer lining or calcium hydroxide should be applied if the cavity is in close proximity to the pulp. DO NOT USE EUGENOL BASED MATERIALS to protect the pulp. as these materials will inhibit curing of bonding agent and/or PALFIQUE LX5.
Apply light-cured bonding system according to manufacturers instructions.
- Do not use self-cured bonding systems. We advise that light-cured bonding systems should be used with PALFIQUE LX5 since other types of bonding systems such as self-cured or dual-cured bonding systems may not provide effective adhesion when used with light-cured composite resins. If you want to use self-cured or dual-cured bonding systems, please confirm that such bonding systems are compatible with the light-cured composite resins being used.
Remove the syringe cap. Extrude the paste onto a mixing pad by turning the handle clockwise. After dispensing, turn the handle counter clockwise by a half to full turn to release residual pressure inside the syringe and re-cap the syringe immediately. DO NOT apply unnecessary force to the syringe immediately after removing from the refrigerator.
Filling and contouring
Fill the cavity incrementally. Increments should not exceed the indicated depth DO NOT mix PALFIQUE LX5 with other brands of resin composite or other shades of PALFIQUE LX5 to avoid incomplete cure or voids.
Light-cure each increment for at least the indicated keeping the curing light tip within a distance of 2 mm from the increment.If other brands of composite resins are layered over the cured composite, follow their instructions.
Shape and polish the restoration. For finishing, use fine finishing diamond points. To erase the demarcation between the composite and the natural tooth rotate a 12 fluted carbide bur slowly along the margins without water. Use finishing metal strips or vinyl strips for proximal surfaces. For polishing, polish with rubber points or any suitable polishing tool.
- Direct anterior and posterior restorations including the occlusal surface and all carious classes
- Direct bonded composite veneer
- Diastema closure
- Repair of porcelain/composite
- PALFIQUE LX5 contains methacrylic monomers.
- DO not use PALFIQUE LX5 for patients allergic to or hypersensitive to methacrylic and related monomers.
- DO NOT use PALFIQUE LX5 for any purpose other than those listed in these instructions.
- Use PALFIQUE LX5 only as directed herein.
- PALFIQUE LX5 is designed for sale and use by licensed dental care professionals only.
- It is not designed for sale nor is it suitable for use by non-dental care professionals.
- DO NOT use PALFIQUE LX5 if the safety seals are broken or appear to have been tampered with.
- If PALFIQUE LX5 causes an allergic reaction or oversensitivity, discontinue its use immediately.
- Use examination gloves (plastic, vinyl, or latex) at all times when handling PALFIQUE
- LX5 to avoid the possibility of allergic reactions from methacrylic monomers.
- Note:Certain substances/materials may penetrate through examination gloves. If PALFIQUE LX5 comes in contact with the examination gloves, remove and dispose of the gloves, and wash hands thoroughly with water as soon as possible.
- Avoid contact of PALFIQUE LX5 with eyes, mucosal membrane, skin and clothing.
1) If PALFIQUE LX5 comes in contact with the eyes, thoroughly flush eyes with water and immediately contact an ophthalmologist.
2) If PALFIQUE LX5 comes in contact with the mucosal membrane, wipe the affected area immediately, and thoroughly flush with water after the restoration.
3) If PALFIQUE LX5 comes into contact with the skin or clothing, immediately saturate the area with alcohol-soaked cotton swab or gauze.
- Instruct the patient to rinse his mouth immediately after treatment.
- PALFIQUE LX5 should not be ingested or aspirated. Ingestion or aspiration may cause serious injury.
- To avoid the unintentional ingestion of PALFIQUE LX5, do not leave it unsupervised within the reach of patients and children.
- Clean the placement instruments with alcohol after use.
- When using a light-curing unit, protective eye shields, glasses or goggles should be worn.
INDICATIONS FOR FILLING AND CURING
Be sure to light-cure PALFIQUE LX5 extraorally and check the time needed for complete hardening of PALFIQUE LX5 with your light curing unit before performing the bonding procedure.
- Low shrinkage
- Good radiopacity
- Available in 20 shades
- Quick curing time
- Extended workig time
- Outstanding polishability
- Wide shade matching range
- High wear resistance
- Less wear to opposing teeth