SDI Riva Star
Riva Star was designed by three renowned Australian clinicians, bringing together their clinical knowledge and experience of using these three exceptional components, and combining them into one STAR product – Riva Star!
Two years and beyond desensitising effect
Clinical studies support the immediate effect of Riva Star and its long term effect of over two years.
Riva Star is an effective biofilm inhibitor. This is supported by study results from Otago University (NZ), that Riva Star has a higher inhibition zone against four bacterial species compared to sodium hypochlorite.
Dental Avenue India Pvt Ltd 28 B Udyog Vihar PhaseV NCR Gurgaon Haryana 122016 India
1. Clean teeth with prophy paste and isolate area with cotton rolls.
2. Dry area and apply a small amount of gingival barrier to adjacent tissue.
3. Light cure in a fanning motion.
4. Using silver brush, pierce foil on silver capsule.
5. In circular motion push foil to the edge of the opening.
6. Apply Part 1 to treatment site.
7. Immediately using green brush,
pierce foil on green capsule.
8. In circular motion push foil to the edge of the opening.
9. Apply Part 2 to treatment site. (keep applying until creamy white turns clear.
10. Blot dry, remove gingival barrier.
- Desentising cervical tooth hypersensitivity.
- Cavity cleansing
Riva Star is essential for clinicians practising Minimally Invasive Dentistry (MID)1-3,5. It conditions dentine and may assist tooth preservation.
Increasing bond strengths of GICs
Pre-treating tooth surfaces with Riva Star is a great way to enhance bonding of glass ionomers to dentine6.
Unlike other silver fluoride systems, Riva Star’s two step patented procedure minimises the risk of staining. By applying the potassium iodide solution over the silver fluoride, a silver iodide creamy white precipitate is formed and washed off.