SDI Riva Bond LC
Riva Bond LC is the next generation of adhesives. No longer do you have to put up with significant stress at the margins due to your beautiful restorations shrinking. No other adhesive can have high bond strengths and significantly reduced stress at the restorative interface. Best of all, with Riva Bond LC your composite restorations will be long lasting.
The bond you use is a critical choice for clinical success: your bond must help to eliminate the polymerisation shrinkage stress caused by the composite. Riva Bond LC compensates for these high stresses. Don't put your good work at risk anymore. Keep your patients free from sensitivity.
Everything normally shrinks
Adhesives shrink and so do composites causing huge stresses at the margins and risk restoration failure. Unlike other adhesives, Riva Bond LC does not cause stress at the margins PLUS it absorbs the stresses of the significant shrinkage of the composite. According to Sydney University, "like amalgams, Riva Bond LC has a slight positive expansion unequivocally sealing the cavity preventing both stress and microleakage".Riva Bond LC compensates for the polymerisation shrinkage of composites, therefore reducing post-operative sensitivity and increasing the life of a composite restoration.
Unique Stress Reduction Technology - SRT
Riva Bond LC's unique SRT gives a restoration the greatest start. SRT incorporates bioactive proprietary ionglass technology with advanced glass ionomer resin technology ensuring minimal stress at all bonding interfaces. Within minutes, the result is stress free and longevity for the restoration is totally maximised. The contraction stress is completely eliminated by selective hygroscopic expansion/water absorption of the thin adhesive layer - not observed in resin bonds. No stress means no sensitivity and restoration longevity.
- Clean and isolate the tooth. Apply Super Etch 37% Phosphoric Acid for 5 seconds.
- Wash thoroughly.
- Dry with oil free air. Do not dessicate.
- Tap capsule twice on the bench.
- Activate the capsule and immediately mix in an amalgamator. Important: Do not click with applicator before you mix.
- Using a disposable applicator pierce through metal foil.
- Rotate the brush applicator to push the foil to the edge of the capsule.
- Bend brush applicator to 45 degree angle.
- Apply Riva Bond LC thinly over the surface of the cavity to avoid pooling.
- Light cure for 10 Sec.
- Apply the restorative material as per manufacturer's instructions.
- Universal adhesive for direct restorations
- Bonding composite resin to self-cured/light-cured glass ionomer cement in the sandwich technique
- Bonding between layers of composite resin in large restorations to reduce polymerisation shrinkage stress
- Sealing hypersensitive cervical areas
- Adhesive lining under amalgam fillings
- Due to the ionglass fillers, which contain fluoro-aluminosilicate glass for radiopacity, Riva Bond LC's unique ingredients are radiopaque for easy identification. Unlike Riva Bond LC, other adhesives show little, if any, radiopacity.
The high bond strength you expect
- The chemical adhesion of Riva Bond LC assists it to achieve a high bond strength. As Riva Bond LC also compensates for the polymerisation shrinkage of composites, in reality the bond strength is actually higher than traditional adhesives because adhesion is not challenged by the stress of the composite shrinking. Traditional adhesives need high bond strengths to compensate for the shrinkage.
- Riva Bond LC does not have any marginal staining. There is no statistically significant difference between Riva Bond LC and Prime and Bond NT in tea, coffee or wine at 24 hours or 48 hours.
Bulk fill composites are safe with Riva Bond LC
- Bulk fill composites shrink more than using the layering technique. More shrinking means more bond stress. Riva Bond LC is a key partner for bulk fill composites.
- Riva Bond LC is a very flexible adhesive minimising the composite shrinkages that constantly challenge the tradititonal adhesives.
Proprietary bioactive ionglass technology
- Riva Bond LC utilises SDI's proprietary ionglass filler, a radiopaque, high ion releasing, bioactive glass. Riva Bond LC releases very high fluoride levels to assist with remineralisation of the natural dentition. Furthermore, the bacteriostatic properties protect teeth from decay. Traditional adhesives release small amounts of fluoride.