The greatest everyday composite
The ideal universal composite for your daily anterior and posterior restoration challenges. A simple aesthetic composite system with high polishability, strength and wear resistance.
Natural optical properties
Luna contains the right balance of optical elements such as fluorescence and translucency to produce a chameleon effect with the natural dentition without using a complicated multi-layering technique. The relationship between colours and translucency of Luna is carefully balanced out to cleverly change according to the thickness of the material used when restoring a tooth. Luna is the ideal composite for a busy dental office looking for aesthetic results.
Isolate tooth, prepare cavity
- Etch tooth surface with Super Etch 37% phosphoric acid for 20 seconds.
- Wash thoroughly.
- Remove excess water. Keep moist.
- Apply Stae to saturate all internal surfaces, or bonding agent according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Blow gently with dry, oil-free air for 2 seconds to evaporate solvent. Leave surface glossy.
- Light cure for 10 seconds.
- Place Luna in increments of 2mm or less in - Anterior restorations or Posterior restorations
- Cure Luna for 20 seconds in increments of 2mm.
- Polish and finish.
- Anterior restorations
- Posterior restorations
- Core build up
- Class I, II, III, IV, V
- The low shrinkage of Luna minimizes post-operative sensitivity and microleakage; an effective seal against microleakage decreases the potential for secondary caries development. Luna has low polymerization shrinkage as it utilizes longer resin chains with fewer monomer links.
- The high compressive strength of Luna enhances longevity of a composite by withstanding oral grinding forces. Luna's optimum filler level maximizes strength.
- Luna's non-stick handling is ideal for restoring anterior and posterior restorations. Its non-stick to placement instruments nature is perfect for gentle packing, contouring and easy sculpting.
- The unique high level of strontium aluminosilicate filler in Luna makes it easy to detect on X-rays.
High filler level
- Containing micro particles of strontium based glass and high loading, Luna can provide outstanding wear profile for your patients.