Micro Mega Masserann Complete Kit
The well established Masserann technique for the removal of metal fragments (posts, burs etc.) from root canals is based on the
principle of freeing the obstruction around its periphery. One of its many advantages is that the fragment is removed quickly with
minimal loss of substance and without the danger of pushing it further into the canal.
Bombay Dental and Surgical Pvt Ltd CTS No 1780B Ward Shop No A2 & A3 Choudhary Complex Building Mahaveer Road Bijapur Karnataka 586101
- Manufacturer/Importer warranty of 12 Months applicable for this product.
- Service and Warranty are handled by the manufacturer/importer directly for this product.
- PinkBlue will not be liable to replace the Products and the liability to replace any such Product is that of the Manufacturer/Importer.
- PinkBlue and the Buyer acknowledge that the Products purchased/used are a subject matter of original Manufacturer/Importer’s warranties.
- Any or all claims in relation to returns and replacement shall be made to the concerned Manufacturer/Importer only and not PinkBlue.
- However, PinkBlue may assist the customer in lodging a complaint to get the Product replaced or serviced.
- The Buyer acknowledges that the Products once sold will not be exchanged or taken back unless the seal of the package or the Product is intact.
1. Open access
- Enlarge canal orifice using round bur.
- Use Gates drill to create straight access to the fragment.
2. Clear fragment
- Use trepan bur to set free approximately 4 mm of fragment (slow anticlockwise rotation).
- Masserann trepan burs can be used either by hand with the short manual handle or with a reducing contra-angle (300-600 rpm)
- with attachment system according to ISO 1797-2 standard (tightly screw with the flat spanner).
3. Grip & remove fragment
- Slide opened extractor over freed end of fragment.
- Hold extractor firmly in place and turn the screw head until it fragment is gripped.
- in anticlockwise rotation for all cutting root canal instruments.
- in clockwise rotation for all filling instruments (ex : spiral fillers).
Bear in mind that…
- Fragment must always be removed in rotation – never pull out only.
- Direct straight access is a must: Masserann tools are straight.
- Positioning the instruments is most important:
- Use your finger to guide the trepan in the right direction.
- 2 Xrays from different angles will help checking orientation of fragment before and when applying extractor.
- Immerge in a detergent bath, possibly ultrasonic cleaning bath.
- Cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation instructions for root canal instruments apply to the Masserann instruments.
- Autoclave – 135°C/2.1 bars (275°F/29psi).
- 18 mn minimum under sterilization bag.