GC Gold Label 9 Posterior Restorative
GC Gold Label 9 is a type IX glass ionomer cement used as a high strength restorative for posterior teeth. It is a strontium based glass ionomer cement containing strontium glass. This provides good radiopacity and the snap-set characteristics that are highly preferred. The strontium present in the cement mimics calcium forming strontium hydroxyapatite and strontium fluoroapatite, which promote remineralization of the tooth structure from within. Gold Label 9 has a surface strengthening effect which is brought about by the diffusion of calcium ions from the saliva into the glass ionomer restorative. These glass ionomers strengthen over time in saliva. GC Gold Label 9 displays a glossy surface after mixing. This indicates the presence of sufficient polyacrylic acid to begin the ion exchange process. The movement of ions between dentin, enamel and the restorative results in chemical fusion. The seal that results from using this restorative material is consistent, predictable and long lasting. GC Gold Label 9 has desirable physical properties such as high compressive and flexural strength, high wear resistance, good radiopacity and low solubility.
- The prepared cavity is conditioned using the GC Dentin Conditioner containing 10% polyacrylic acid.
- Mix and place the restorative material in the prepared cavity.
- When the glossy appearance begins to disappear, apply GC Cocoa Butter for moisture protection.
- Final finishing can begin after 6 minutes from start of mix
Finishing (from start of mix)
Mixing conditions at 23oC. Higher temperatures will shorten the working time
Mixing Time: 30 seconds
Working Time: 20 minutes
Finishing begins (from start of mix): 6 minutes
* Mixing conditions at 23°C. Higher temperatures will shorten working time.
- Class I and small Class II restorations in non-load bearing areas
- Class I and Class II fillings in primary teeth
- Transitional restorations
- Core Build-up
- Minimal cavity preparation
- Internal remineralization is promoted
- Surface strengthening properties
- Good colour match to the shade of the tooth
- Protection against secondary caries
- Lesser stress on the margins and marginal seal
- Durable and long lasting restorations
- Easy manipulation and handling
- High strength posterior restorative
- Bonds chemically to the tooth
- High fluoride release
- Low moisture sensitivity
- Excellent physical properties
- Range of VITA Shades – A2, A3, A3.5 and B2
- Good radiopacity
- Low solubility
- Long term clinical data