GC Gold Label 2
A Strontium-based Glass Ionomer:
All GC Gold Label Glass Ionomer contains strontium glass. The strontium glass provides good radiopacity and snapset characteristics, unanimously preferred by clinicians around the world. Interestingly, strontium will mimic calcium in the formation of strontium hydroxyapatite and strontium fluoroapatite to affect internal remineralization within the tooth structure.
Surface Strengthening Effect:
Research has shown that a strontium-based glass ionomer placed in calcium-containing environment (saliva) will result in calcium ion diffusing into the glass ionomer surface achieving a surface strengthening effect. All GC Gold Label Glass Ionomer strengthens over time in saliva.
A Consistent Predictable Seal:
All GC Gold Label Glass Ionomer will display a glossy surface after mixing. This indicates sufficient free polyacrylic acid is available to begin the ion exchange process. The subsequent movement of ions between dentin, enamel and GC Glass Ionomer creates an ion exchange zone which chemically fuses them together. The resulting seal is consistent, predictable and long lasting.
GC India Dental Pvt Ltd Plot No 233 Phase III IDA Pashamylaram Pattancheru Manda Isnapu Medak District Telangana 502307
Mixing Time : 30 seconds
Working Time : 2 minutes
Finishing begins (from start of mix) : 15 minutes
How to Use Gold Label 2
- After conditioning the tooth surface with GC Dentin Conditioner (10% polyacrylic acid), apply the Gold Label 2 or Fuji II Capsule mixed accordingly into the cavity.
- Form the contour and place a matrix if required during the working time.
- After initial set, when the material starts to lose the glossy appearance, moisture protect with GC Cocoa Butter or GC Fuji Varnish or GC Fuji Coat LC.
- Final finishing under water spray can be carried out 15 minutes from start of mix.
- After finishing, apply a final coat of GC Fuji Varnish or GC Fuji Coat LC as a protective coating. Alternatively, application of a final protective coat of G-Coat PLUS can improve wear resistance.
- Restoration of Class III and V cavities; erosion lesions, and primary teeth
- Base and core build-up
- Allows minimal cavity preparation
- Less stress on margins and marginal seal
- Protects against secondary caries
- Promotes internal remineralization and surface strengthening
- Easy post-operative diagnosis
- Easier mixing and sharper setting makes it so easy to use
- Final finish may be completed under water 15 minutes from start of mix
- Matches to natural tooth structure
- Good colour match to tooth structure
- More durable, longer lasting restorations
- Assurance of successful restorations
- Chemical bond to tooth structure
- Tooth-like coefficient of thermal expansion
- High fluoride release
- Strontium based
- Good radiopacity
- Excellent handling characteristics
- Reduced moisture sensitivity
- Translucent material
- Range of 3 shades: #21 Pale Yellow, #22 Yellow Brown and #23 Dark Gray
- Low solubility
- Long term clinical data