Filay Dent - Filpost Refill Pack
FILPOST has been design engineered to be faster and easier to place even in difficult cases, safer to place by reducing the risk of tooth cracking, crazing and root canal damage, more preserving of healthy tooth structure, and stronger in use via its unique passive 'interlocking' system.
Latch the correct sized drill head (for your chosen size of FILPIN) onto a slow-spreed handpiece and make a pilot hole up to the drill's self-limiting depth of 2mm. Repeat as necessary. NB: Ensure the pilot hole is drilled at a speed of 1500rpm or less.
Latch a FILPIN onto the handpiece and insert into the hole - hardly any pressure is needed to encourage the pin to insert. Once the correct depth of 2mm is reached, FILPIN will self-shear at exactly the right point. Repeat as necessary. NB: ENsure the pin is inserted at a speed of 1000rpm or less.
If required, bend the protruding pin/s to suit the restoration. Final build up of the restoration can now take place.
The final restoration.
- To enhance the retention of all types of restorations to dentin. Compared to using resin bonded amalgam only, FILPIN can increase the retention of restorations to dentin by around 3 to 5 times. (Lo. C.S. et al., J Dent Res '94; 73:387)
- To stabilise by cross-pinning MOD cavities.
- To prevent rotation of restorations when a single post is used.
- 99.8% pure titanium-biocompatible, will not corrode, compatible with all dental materials.
- Easy to customise to suit canal-without risk of fracture, enables two or more posts to be easily inserted into converging canals.
- NO drilling required-avoids the risk of perforation and saves time as no need for drilling.
- Anatomical shape-minimises dentine removal during placement, preserves tooth structure, avoids weakening the tooth.
- Anti-rotation vents-along entire length, relieves hydrostatic pressure during placement.
- Micro-roughened surface-for added post retention.
- Unique passive interlock-for strong retention, created by retention grooves along the post and retention grooves formed within the canal surface by the FILPOST Universal Groover.