Filay Dent -Filpin Standard Pack
As low as ₹4200
FILPIN has been design engineered to be faster and easier to place even in difficult cases, safer to place by reducing the risk of tooth cracking and crazing, and stronger in use via its unique 'retentive' thread.
To enhance the retention of all types of restorations to dentin. Compared to using resin bonded amalgam only, FILPIN can increase the retention of restorations to dentin by around 3 to 5 times.
Latch the correct sized drill head (for your chosen size of FILPIN) onto a slow-spreed handpiece and make a pilot hole up to the drill's self-limiting depth of 2mm. Repeat as necessary. NB: Ensure the pilot hole is drilled at a speed of 1500rpm or less.
Latch a FILPIN onto the handpiece and insert into the hole - hardly any pressure is needed to encourage the pin to insert. Once the correct depth of 2mm is reached, FILPIN will self-shear at exactly the right point. Repeat as necessary. NB: ENsure the pin is inserted at a speed of 1000rpm or less.
If required, bend the protruding pin/s to suit the restoration. Final build up of the restoration can now take place.
To stabilise by cross-pinning MOD cavities.
The final restoration.
- To enhance the retention of all types of restorations to dentin. Compared to using resin bonded amalgam only, FILPIN can increase the retention of restorations to dentin by around 3 to 5 times. (Lo. C.S. et al., J Dent Res '94; 73:387)
- To stabilise by cross-pinning MOD cavities.
- To prevent rotation of restorations when a single post is used.
- 99.8% pure titanium-biocompatible, will not corrode, compatible with all dental materials.
- Self-shears first time, every time-once optimum depth of 2mm reached.
- Self-threading, self-aligning shaft to make placement faster, easier and safer as reduces the risk of cracking and crazing.
- Long and slim for better visibility during placement, also helps pin to self-align.
- Unique 'retentive' thread maximises retention strength without causing the internal stresses which can lead to cracking or crazing.
- Easy to bend after insertion without breaking the pin or tooth.
- Pilot hole Drill Head - Limited at the shoulder so polit hole is drilled to the exact depth (2mm). Colour coded with pin for ease of selection.