Ethicon Vicryl #4-0 Absorbable Violet Braided Suture
Vicryl Suture is a synthetic absorbable sterile surgical suture composed of a copolymer made from 90% glycolide and 10% L-lactide. Coated VICRYL Suture is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, including use in ophthalmic procedures, but not for use in cardiovascular and neurological tissues. This suture, being absorbable, should not be used where extended approximation of tissue is required. Progressive loss of tensile strength and eventual absorption of Coated VICRYL Suture occurs by means of hydrolysis. Absorption begins as a loss of tensile strength followed by a loss of mass.
- Braided suture for easy handling and secure knot tying
- Coated for smooth passage through tissue
- Synthetic for minimal tissue reaction
- 75% tensile strength at 14 days
- Absorption time 56-70 days (63 days in Avg).
- Strength Retention Profile - 75% @ 14 days, 50% @ 21 days, 25% @ 28 days.