Gutta Percha Points
- Micro Mega MM GP PointsGutta Percha PointsMicro Mega
From ₹499RadiopaqueEasy to introduce
- Dentsply Gutta Percha PointsGutta Percha PointsDentsply
From ₹202For all warm and cold obturationsReliable insertion down to the apex
- Meta Gutta Percha Points - Length MarkedG P PointsMeta
From ₹364Variable sizes availableAccurate depth measurement
- DiaDent Gutta Percha Points Special TaperedGP PointsDiaDent
From ₹220Available in 0.4 & 0.6 taperedMillimeter marked
- Meta Gutta Percha Points Special TaperedG P PointsMeta
From ₹338Available in diff sizeExcellent radiopacity
- DiaDent Gutta Percha Points For ProtaperGP PointsDiaDent
From ₹393Millimeter markedCompliment for reciproc files
- Dentsply Protaper Universal Gutta Percha PointsGutta Percha PointsDentsply
From ₹907Colour coded (easy identification)Good for cold and warm obturation
- DiaDent Gutta Percha PointsGP PointsDiaDent
From ₹200Quick and easy0.029 diameter tolerance
- Coltene Gutta Percha PointsGuttapercha PointsColtene Whaledent
From ₹588Greater taperFlexible
- Meta Gutta Percha PointsGutta Percha PointsMeta
From ₹191Excellent radiopacityAvailable in different sizes
- DiaDent Gutta Percha Points Non StandardGP PointsDiaDent
From ₹224Quick and easy0.029 diameter tolerance
- Oro Gutta Percha Points Length MarkedGP pointsOro
From ₹508FlexibleEasily discernable in X-ray
- Edge Endo Gutta Percha PointsGP PointsEdge Endo
From ₹241Easy root canal obturationAvailable in different sizes
- SS White V-Taper Gutta Percha PointsGP PointsSS White
From ₹990Excellent radiopacityColor coded for easy identification
- Neoendo Gutta Percha Points Length MarkedGP PointsNeoEndo
From ₹200For all warm and cold obturationsReliable insertion down to the apexOut of stock
- Oro Pro Taper Gutta Percha PointsGP pointsOro
From ₹508Guaranteed BrittlenessEasily discernable in X-ray
- Diadent 240 Gutta Percha Points Endo Organizer #(15-40)GP Endo OrganizerDiaDentRegular Price ₹525 Special Price ₹498 As low as ₹475
- Oro Gutta Percha Points 2%GP pointsOro
- Coltene Guttaflow Intro KitRoot Canal SealerColtene WhaledentRegular Price ₹28,000 Special Price ₹26,880Cold Flowable filling system
- Edge Endo Taper Gutta Percha PointsGP PointsEdge Endo
From ₹824Easy root canal obturationAvailable in different sizes
- Oro Non-Standardized Gutta Percha pointsGP pointsOro
- Gapadent GP PointsGP PointsGapadent
From ₹137FlexibleDifferent dimensionsOut of stock
Buy Gutta Percha Points Online In India
GUTTA PERCHA POINTS:
The obturation of the root canal using a biocompatible and inert substitute is an important step in endodontic therapy. The formation of a tight apical seal is very significant to improve the prognosis of treatment. There have been many materials that were used since the dawn of endodontic therapy as root canal filling materials. But most of these materials failed to meet the ideal requirements of a root canal filling. These include amalgam, asbestos, balsam, cement, copper, gold foils, paraffin, rubber, resin, silver points and tin foils. The discovery of Gutta Percha, was a milestone in endodontics and it ended the search for a suitable root canal filling material.
History of Gutta Percha:
Gutta percha was used in its crude from by the natives of the Malaysian archipelagos, for making handles for knives, walking sticks and other purposes. The name Gutta Percha comes from “getah” meaning gum and “pertja” which is the name of the tree in the Malay language.
Dr. William Montgomerie, a medical officer in the Indian service was the first person to appreciate the potential of gutta percha to be used in medicine. He was awarded a gold medal by the Royal Society of Arts, London in 1843 for his observation.
In dentistry, Edward Truman introduced the use of gutta percha as a temporary filling material. In the year 1867, Bowman was the first person to use gutta percha as a root filling material. Almost a century later, Ingle and Levine proposed standardization of endodontic instruments and root canal filling materials.
Composition of Gutta Percha:
A trans isomer of poly isoprene, gutta percha in its crude from is composed gutta, alban, fluavil, tannin and other substances. The following is a modified compostion of gutta percha that is suitable for dental use:
- Gutta percha (matrix) - 20%
- Zinc Oxide (filler) – 66%
- Heavy metal sulphates (radiopacifiers) – 11% and,
- Waxes or resins (plastisizer) – 3%
Phases of Gutta Percha:
Two distinctly different crystalline structures or gutta percha exist. They are interconvertible and have their application in different obturation techniques.
Alpha Phase of gutta percha has low viscosity and is a more tacky variant.
Beta Phase of gutta percha is a solid compactible version of higher viscosity. The beta form is the most commercially available form of gutta percha. It is stable and flexible at room temperature. Gutta percha cones are in the beta phase and are used in cold lateral condensation techniques of obturation. Gutta percha points are available as standardized or non-standardized variants.
Disinfection of Gutta Percha Points:
The contamination of GP points from handling, storage or aerosols is not desirable. Therefore, chairside disinfection of GP is recommended to ensure that the pathogen free root canal as a result of diligent cleaning and shaping, stays that way even after the filling of the canal with gutta percha. Polyvinylpyrrolidone-idodine, sodium hypoclorite, quaternary ammonium compounds, chlorhexidine liquid and ethyl alcohol can be used in disinfection of GP points. Quick decontamination methods are employed as the number of accessory cones required for obturation may not be known while starting the procedure.
What are the brands of gutta percha points available online?
Dentsply, Micro Mega, Diadent, Meta, Coltene, Oro, Jaypee and SS White are a few of the many brands that sell high quality gutta percha points online at PinkBlue.in
Why buy gutta percha points online at PinkBlue.in?
With a sound understanding of the importance of material management in dental practice, the team at PinkBlue works diligently to ensure that all products made available to dentists through the website are of high quality. This is ensured with a collaborative effort with various trusted manufacturers and vendors in the country. At PinkBlue.in you get free delivery on orders above Rs.500 along with the best prices for dental products in the country.