D Tech Restore Glass Ionomer Cement (GIC)
D-Tech restore glass is Humid-Stable glass ionomer restorative cement suitable for the restoration of prepared teeth and restorations of classIII, V& limited Class I cavities. This glass ionomer cement (gic) is known for its aesthetic looks and can be used for core build up. D Tech Glass ionomer cements (GIC) are truly economical restorative cement.
Dispense powder and liquid onto the pad . Using a plastic spatula, divide the powder into 2 equal parts. Mix the first portion with all of the liquid for 10 seconds. Incorporate the remaining portion and mix the whole thoroughly for 15 - 20 sec. (total time within 30 seconds)
- Prepare tooth using standard techniques. Extensive mechanical retention is not necessary. For pulp capping use calcium hydroxide paste.
- Wash & Dry but DO NOT DESICCATE. D-Tech’s dentine conditioner is recommended to remove the smear layer.
- Mix the required amount of cement. Working time is 2 min.
from the start of mixing at 23’C (73.4’ F).Higher temperatures
will shorten working time.
- Remove surface moisture but DO NOT DESSICATE.
- Transfer cement to the preparation using a syringe or suitable placement instrument. avoid air bubbles.
- Form the contour, and place a matrix if required during the first 2 minutes of setting.
- Setting time is 4 min. after start of mixing. Once set,
remove the matrix & immediately apply D-Tech’S varnish.
- Mixing Time 23°C - 30 second
- Working time B 23°C - 2:00 min
- Setting time B 23°C - 4:00 min
- Shelf life - 2 years
INDICATIONS FOR USE:
RESTORE GLASS is a truly economical restorative cement with
- Restoration of primary teeth
- Core build - up
- Restorations of Class III ,V and limited Class I cavities.
- The standard powder to liquid ratio is
2.8/1.0 g.1 level scoop of powder to 2 drops of liquid.
- For accurate dispensing of powder, lightly tap the borle against the hand. Do not shake or invert.
- Hold the liquid bottle vertically and squeeze gently.
- Close bottle immediately after use.