3M ESPE Clinpro XT Extended Contact Varnish
- Buy 5 for ₹4,633 each and save 3%
- Buy 10 for ₹4,521 each and save 5%
Preventing dentinal hypersensitivity can be a daunting task. Clinpro XT Extended Contact Varnish, creates a protective barrier and provides immediate sensitivity relief while offering additional benefits. This exciting new technology also contains and releases fluoride, calcium and phosphate. In-vitro studies demonstrate that Clinpro XT Extended Contact Varnish creates a caries inhibition zone under and around the coating.1
Clinpro XT Extended Contact Varnish is a site-specific, light-cured RMGIC durable coating that forms an immediate layer of protection to relieve dentinal hypersensitivity. The "XT" in the product name is intended to reflect the products properties as an "extended varnish," having long-term durability with fluoride release. Clinpro XT Extended Contact Varnish:
- Releases more fluoride than conventional fluoride varnishes over a 24 hr period
- Provides a barrier, that remains on the tooth for 6 months
- Releases fluoride, calcium and phosphate
- Can be recharged with fluoride dentifrice
- Site specific light cured RMGIC that creates a temporary barrier against demineralisation & acid erosion
- Offers up to 6 months protection & can help repair demineralised enamel adjacent to XT coating by up to 2mm
- Delivers fl uoride, calcium and phosphate and can be readily recharged using a fluoride toothpaste (e.g: Clinpro Tooth Crème)
- Can reduce dentine permeability by up to 88%1
- Easy to mix, easy to apply and cures almost clear offering immediate aesthetic benefits
Clinpro XT Extended Contact Varnish has many applications in dentistry. This versatile product can be applied as a protective coating to dentin surfaces to prevent hypersensitivity; as well as to newly erupted dentition & other at risk tooth surfaces, non-cavitated lesions, tooth surfaces around orthodontic brackets, post scale & clean sensitive surfaces, root surface caries, protects exposed root surfaces and creates barrier against demineralisation & acid erosion.
Clinpro XT Extended Contact Varnish is based on a liquid/paste glass ionomer technology. It is dispensed from the Clicker™ Dispensing System manufactured by 3M ESPE. This dispensing system provides simultaneous dispensing of each component for a consistent, pre-measured mix. Clinpro XT Extended Contact Varnish provides the major benefits of glass ionomer materials including adhesion to tooth structure and sustained fluoride release, as well as some new attributes such as calcium phosphate release. The fluoride can be recharged by brushing daily with a fluoride-containing dentifrice such as Clinpro Tooth Creme. This provides the benefit of long term fluoride release. Clinpro XT offers a combination of a prolonged working time with a short set time achieved by light curing and can be applied by the dentist or hygienist.
For enamel application, an acid etch is required prior to placement to ensure optimal retention on the tooth. For dentin application, the product can be applied without an acid etch.
Varnish™ XT SEM Seals Open Tubules