- NSK Varios 570 ScalerWater Control functionLight weightOut of StockNSK Varios 970 Piezon ScalerLight weightInbuilt Auto Cleaning ModeOut of StockNSK Varios 170 ScalerIntegrated Multi FunctionLight weightOut of Stock
Buy Ultrasonic Scalers Online in India
Gingivitis is one of the most common dental diseases and if left untreated for long periods of time, it may cause destruction of the periodontium causing periodontitis. The important cause of gingivitis is the presence of calcular deposits along the surfaces of the tooth that result in inflammation of the gingival tissue. The removal of supraginigival and subgingival calculus was indicated to prevent the progression of gingivitis. Till the mid half of the 20th century the only method to remove calculus was by hand instrumentation. In 1950 ultrasonic scalers were introduced which were referred to as power driven scalers or machine driven scalers.
Parts of an Ultrasonic Scaler:
The component parts of an ultrasonic scaler equipment are:
- The control box which contains a power switch, water speed control, power or variable speed control.
- Handpiece cable
- Ultrasonic inserts or tips
What are the types of Ultrasonic Scalers?
Ultrasonic scalers can be classified as:
- Magnetostrictive and,
Magnetostrictive ultrasonics have an elliptical pattern of vibration and all sides of the tip are active. They operate at 18000 to 45000 cycles per second (cps).
Piezoelectic scalers have a liner pattern of vibration and only two sides of the tip are active. The operating speeds range from 25000 to 50000 cps.
Advantages of Ultrasonic Scalers over hand instruments:
The advances in dentistry are aimed at improving the present standards of treatment available. In the same way, ultrasonic scalers provide the following advantages over traditional hand instrumentation:
- Sharpening of instruments not required
- Easier debridement in inaccessible areas
- Lesser time
- More efficient removal of calculus
- Less operator fatigue
- Reduced tissue distention
Mode of action of ultrasonic scalers:
The tips of the ultrasonic scaler move back and forth thereby facilitating removal of plaque and calculus from the tooth surfaces. The acoustic streaming occurring concurrently produce a constant flushing action. This helps the scaler to reove the bacterial biofilm and loosen the debris present. The tip of the ultrasonic scaler comes in contact with the fluid to create a large amount of minute bubbles. This process is called cavitation. These bubbles implode releasing tremendous force which tears away the cell wall of the pathogens. This helps in loosening calculus and easier removal. During the process, heat is generated. Hence the tip should not be placed over a single area of the tooth for a long time. Rather the tip should constantly move over the teeth to avoid any thermal damage to the pulp.
The primary modes of action of ultrasonics are –
- Flushing action
- Acoustic turbulence
- Mechanical vibration
Do’s and Don’ts of Ultrasonic inserts:
- Rinse and dry inserts
- Keep inserts sealed until ready for use
- Handle with care
- Wipe tips with disinfectants if dried blood is present
- Follow manufacturer’s directions
- Put in an ultrasonic cleaner
- Expose resin handles to phenols
- Sterilize by dry heat or cold sterilization methods
- Expose resin handles to phenols
- Drop or mishandle
- Avoid contact with incompatible chemicals (chlorides & sulphates)
What are the brands selling Ultrasonic Scalers online in India?
NSK, Woodpecker, Clinic BlueLine, Skanray and VPW are the brands selling quality dental ultrasonic scalers online in India.
Why buy Ultrasonic Scalers from PinkBlue.in?
The team at PinkBlue.in works dedicatedly towards procurement and distribution of quality dental products across India. The equipment and materials are genuine and are of high quality. No where else in India can you find the prices that PinkBlue.in offers, with assured quality standards. We aim at revolutionizing the dental material supply industry making it easier for every dentist to compare the qualities of a lot of products before making a choice.