- Hammacher Lingual Instrument - HSL 804-00Regular Price ₹4955 Special Price ₹4163Out of StockMorelli Ortho Orthodontic Tensiometer
As low as ₹4056Elastic Force EvaluationMechanical dynamometerOut of StockHammacher Inserting Combination Instrument (Straight) - HTL 001-00Regular Price ₹6010 Special Price ₹5038Out of StockCaptain Dontrix Gauge - Dynamometer 50-500 gms (Green)Special Price ₹4300Out of StockTask Crown Scissors
As low as ₹4743Out of StockTask Curved Smaha #140mm - 30567Regular Price ₹8300 Special Price ₹6972Out of StockKomet Adhesive Removal Bur
As low as ₹4187Out of StockHammacher Inserting Combination Instrument (Curved) - HTL 002-00Regular Price ₹6010 Special Price ₹5038Out of StockAPI Ortho Instruments KitRegular Price ₹8800 Special Price ₹6982High QualityStrongOut of StockTP Ortho Straight Shooter Gun For Twin Brackets (100-357)Special Price ₹8100Eliminates soft tissue damageHygienicOut of StockTask Plier Case
As low as ₹4127Out of Stock
Buy Orthodontic Instruments Online in India
Orthodontics deals with the proper alignment of the teeth and establishment of a healthy occlusion. There are numerous instruments used by the orthodontist, in conjunction with fixed and removable orthodontic appliances. It is essential for the orthodontist to know the instruments that are used routinely to increase working knowledge and also prevent misuse of certain instruments.
What are ortho instruments made of?
The cutting edges of the orthodontic instruments are made of stainless steel or carbide steel. Tungsten carbide tips have more durability and cutting performance but are more brittle than stainless steel.
Features of orthodontic instruments
Made of hard metal
Tungsten carbide tips
Higher cutting efficiency
Longer instrument life
Shape and crew joint
Working ends separations
Bow out handles
What are the different ortho instruments?
Orthodontic instruments are plenty in number having applications in various steps of orthodontic treatment. These instruments may be classified as follows:
Orthodontic pliers are many in number of various shapes and indications. The following are the different orthodontic pliers with their applications in orthodontic therapy:
- Separating pliers are used to place elastic separators in the interdental spaces of the teeth which are intended to be banded. They have a spring back action
- Band crimping pliers are used to contour the surfaces of preformed bands to achieve a better adaptation to the tooth anatomy
- Johnson band contouring plier, band pinching plier and peak plier are other pliers used to contour and adapt the molar bands
- Bracket removing pliers are used to remove bonded brackets. They are available in two forms namely straight and with a 60 degrees angled tip
- Adams plier is used in fabrication of the Adam’s clasp and has two smooth rectangular beaks.
- Adam’s clasp bending pliers are special pliers that are used for easy forming of the Adam’s clasp in one step.
- Arrow clasp bending pliers are used to bed the arrow clasp
- Adam’s spring forming plier are used to adjust springs on orthodontic removable appliances.
- De la rosa contouring pliers are used to accentuate the curvature on the archwire
- Straight light wire pliers are used to form arch wires, spring preparation and other uses.
- Angle wire bending pliers are used to make components of removable and fixed appliances
- Nance loop forming pliers are used for forming loops and adjusting pre-shaped arches for fixed appliance therapy
- Universal plier is used for bending wires for removable and fixed appliances.
- Rose torqueing plier is used for applying labial or lingual torque to archwires.
These instruments are used in positioning the brackets onto the surfaces of the tooth. The brackets are positioned on the labial surface of the tooth, excluding lingual orthodontic therapy, by the use of certain gauges and tweezers.
Bracket positioning gauges are used as a bracket positioning aid. They accurately measure the height of bracket placement from the incisal edge at 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5 mm. Examples of bracket positioning gauges are the Boon’s Gauge and the bracket positioning height gauge. The
Bracket holders or tweezers are used to hold brackets during bonding procedures. The beaks of these tweezers are diamond shaped with serrations to firmly grip the bracket. The flat end of the handle is used to press the bracket into position while bonding
Pin and ligature cutter (PLC), distal end cutter, Maun’s heavy duty wire cutters are examples of wire cutters. They are used to cut the excess wire during orthodontic treatment.
The pin and ligature cutter is specially designed for smooth cutting of soft ligature wires, lockpins and elastomerics. These can be used to cut ligatures below 0.015 mm in diameter. PLC cutters come in straight and angulated variants. The angulated versions have 45 or 90 degree cutting tips for use in posterior areas and in lingual orthodontics
Orthodontic bands are seated in position using band seaters. Instruments such as the band pusher and the band seater are used to place the orthodontic band around the tooth intended as an anchor. The bands may be crimped and contoured to suit the anatomical structure of the tooth. Band cutting scissors are also used to cut band material They may be made of stainless steel with a tungsten carbide cutting insert to improve the cutting efficiency
What are the brands selling orthodontic instruments online in India?
GDC, Metro Orthodontics, GC, D-Tech, Dentomech, Koden, TopDent, OraCraft, Prima Dental and Neelkanth are some of the brands that sell orthodontic instruments online at PinkBlue.in
Why buy orthodontic instruments online at PinkBlue.in?
PinkBlue.in is the only online dental store in India that offers the best prices for high quality and genuine ortho instruments. Purchasing dental supplies has never been easier. With PinkBlue.in you can easily place your order in a few simple steps and get your orders quickly delivered to your doorstep. Cashback awards on every purchase increase your profitability. In addition to cashback points, free delivery is offered on orders over Rs.500.