- Speedendo Premium NiTi Hand Files (Gold Heat Activated)
As low as ₹1349Aggressive Cutting EfficiencyUltra Flexible Files
- Micro Mega Hero Shaper Individual Manual Files
As low as ₹18172 Files Shaping SystemAvoids screwing effects: helical angle varies from tip to shank
- EndoStar NiTi S Files
As low as ₹541Great cutting abilityMost effective
- Mani Flare Files (Hand-Use)
As low as ₹280Very effective for curved root canalsTriangular Cross Section with 5/100 taper
- Micro Mega Hero Shaper Manual Files Assorted
As low as ₹2059Faster root canal treatment & improve patient comfortAvoids screwing effects: helical angle varies from tip to shank
- Flexer Hand Files
As low as ₹14743 Files Shaping SystemHeat Activated
- Dentsply Protaper Hand Files (Universal) - Refills
As low as ₹2979Only one instrument sequenceColour coded and easy protocols
- Mani NiTi H-File
As low as ₹1021
- Dentsply ProTaper Hand Files - Starter Kits
As low as ₹31333 Files Shaping SystemPROgressively TAPERed Design
- Mani NiTi Flare File
As low as ₹1625FlexibleSharp
- Dentsply NitiFlex K Files 25mm #15-40Regular Price ₹1040 Special Price ₹857Out of StockEltee NiTi K Files
As low as ₹489Made of nickel titanium alloyFlexibleOut of StockMicro Mega Hero Shaper Manual Starter Kits
As low as ₹26502 Files Shaping SystemAvoids screwing effects: helical angle varies from tip to shankOut of StockDenext Dot RCT Shaping File (Hand use)
As low as ₹16054 Files Shaping SystemMultiple Taper DesignOut of Stock
Buy Endodontics Files Online In India
Endodontic files are used in endodontic therapy to clean and shape the root canal. Complete chemomechanical preparation and debridement of the root canal up to the apical constriction is essential to ensure a higher prognosis of treatment. Typically, endodontic files are made from metal blanks which are twisted or machined to form various tapers and sizes.
What are the types of Endodontic Files?
Endodontic files can be grouped under two major heads based on their mode of use as, hand-operated or rotary files. The hand-operated or manual endodontic files are used with filing, reaming, rasping or pulling motions to remove the root canal dentin. Rotary endodontic files are used with handpieces powered by endomotors to automate the process of canal preparation.
Endodontic Hand Files:
Endodontic hand files are manually operated instruments used in biomechanical preparation of the root canal. Although before 1958 hand files were manufactured according to the manufacturers’ whim, standardization in the length, taper, cutting blades and other aspects were proposed by Ingle and Levine. Initially hand files were made of carbon steel. But stainless steel and nickel titanium were used as the material used for manufacture of endodontic files as they were more flexible and had lesser chances of fracture. Endodontic hand files are placed under Group 1 under the general classification of endodontic instruments.
K files were first produced by the Kerr Manufacturing Company.
K file fabrication begins by cutting a round SS wire to form a tapered instrument having a square cross-section and pointed tips. The wire is now twisted in a counter clockwise direction to form flutes. The number of flutes can range from 1.5-2.5 per millimeter. K files are used in filing and reaming actions.
When a K file is locked inside the root canals –
- Clockwise rotation leads to unwinding and ductile fracture
- Counter clockwise rotation leads to brittle fracture
Some modifications of K files include K-Flex files and Flex-R files
H files or Hedstrom files are fabricated by machine grinding a round stainless steel wire into a series of intersecting cones. The base of these cones have sharp edges ad function as cutting edges of the file. Due to this design H files cut root dentin only during the pulling stroke. The cross section of a H file can be seen as a “tear drop” with one cutting edge.
Care should be taken to not use H files in reaming motion because, the instrument design renders the shaft of the instrument at the junction of two cones weak, facilitating breakage. Hence H files are to be used in filing motion only.
Modifications of H files such as Safety Hedstroem files, Hyflex files, Unifiles and S files have been designed and manufactured.
Endodontic Rotary Files:
A Nickel Titanium (NiTi) rotary file is an engine-driven, pointed and tapered endodontic instrument made of Nickel Titanium alloy with cutting edges used to mechanically prepare and shape the root canals during endodontic therapy or to remove the root canal obturating material while performing retreatment. Rotary shaping instruments are replacing the conventional hand file systems to enhance the shaping ability of the canal, reducing clinical mishaps like blocks, ledges, transportation, and perforation. When the Dentists mastered the method of the using the products for rotary shaping instruments they could see unpredictable file breakage , metal fatigue, variation in length, loss of cutting efficiency, diameter and curvature of the canal can be avoided and better shaping of the canals with deserved taper will be achieved. Rotary endodontic practices have gained immense popularity among dental practitioners as they have many advantages over traditional manual instrumentation methods. The introduction of rotary files to the field of endodontics came two decades ago and the research and advancements are never-ending. Nickel Titanium has been the material of choice in manufacturing rotary files due to their superior properties.
Why Nickel Titanium?
- Elastic flexibility – 500% more stainless steel
- Higher capacity to withstand stress – 1000% more than stainless steel
- Greater resistance to torsional fractures
- Fewer cases of broken instruments, perforations and ledges
- Faster instrumentation of canals
- Superelastic property
- Corrosion resistant
A comparison of the features of a few commonly used rotary files have been tabulated below:
#17 - #50
#15 - #60
#8 - #80
#25 - #50
#25 - #40
Progressively variable taper
2% - 10%
4% - 8%
4% - 12%
6% and 4%
Modified guiding tip
No. of Radial Lands
19, 21 & 25
21, 25 & 30
21 & 25
23 & 27
21, 25 & 29
Speed Range (rpm)
150 – 350
300 - 350
250 – 400
Coronal followed by apical sequential
Crown down and apical enlargement
Things to keep in mind while using rotary files:
- Adequate access to the canals is crucial when using NiTi rotary files in biomechanical preparation
- Do no force rotary files as they are to be used with a passive technique
- Canals with difficult anatomy should be instrumented with hand files prior to rotary instrumentation
- Over using files results in decreased efficiency and increases risk of breakage
- Do not use the entire length of the file for cutting as it has a higher potential for fracture
- Accurate working length determination and adherence is of paramount importance in rotary endodontics
- Mastering rotary endodontics and avoiding breakage takes time
What are the advantages of rotary files over manual files?
Dentists tend to prefer rotary endodontics over the traditional manual methods of canal preparation for the following reasons:
- NiTi rotary files have a smoother and consistent cleaning effect on the root canal
- Rotary endodontic files are more reliable reducing the possibility of complications
- Treatment time is greatly reduced
- Rotary files are much quieter than manual files
- Increases patient comfort as treatment time is less and the procedure quieter.
What are the brands selling endodontic files online?
Coltene Whaledent, Dentsply, DiaDent, Eltee, FKG, Mani, Micro Mega, NeoEndo, Sybron Endo, EndoStar are some of the many brands selling endodontic files online at PinkBue.in
Why buy endodontic files from PinkBlue.in?
At PinkBlue.in we understand the importance quality dental tools for every dentist to aid them in delivery of quality dental treatment. To ensure the supply of standard dental products, all the items supplied are procured from trusted manufacturers and vendors. Products form indigenous and international brands are available for comparison and analysis before making a purchase. The assurance of quick delivery of orders along with the best prices for dental products makes PinkBlue.in the most efficient dental material supply chain in India.