- GDC ISO Sized Plugger -7 (.30mm) (RCPCC30)Regular Price ₹1876 Special Price ₹1333
- GDC Endo Box with 72 holes (AEB)Regular Price ₹1726 Special Price ₹1247
- GDC ISO Sized Plugger -7 (.40mm) (RCPCC40)Regular Price ₹1876 Special Price ₹1333
- GDC RC Plugger (CC) -7 (.75mm) (RCPLCC3)Regular Price ₹1876 Special Price ₹1333
- GDC RC Plugger (CC) -7 (1.00mm) (1.15mm) (RCP 9/11)Regular Price ₹1876 Special Price ₹1333
- GDC RC Plugger (CC) -7 (.25mm) (RCPLCC1)Regular Price ₹1876 Special Price ₹1333
- GDC RC Plugger (CC) -7 (.40mm) (.45mm) (RCP 1/3)Regular Price ₹1876 Special Price ₹1333
- GDC ISO Sized Plugger -7 (.50mm) (RCPCC50)Regular Price ₹1876 Special Price ₹1333
- GDC RC Plugger (CC) -7 (1.00mm) (RCPLCC4)Regular Price ₹1876 Special Price ₹1333
- GDC RC Plugger (CC) -7 (.50mm) (RCPLCC2)Regular Price ₹1876 Special Price ₹1333
- GDC RC Plugger (CC) -7 (.50mm) (.75mm) (RCP 5/7)Regular Price ₹1876 Special Price ₹1333
- GDC Endodontic Box with 48 holes colour anodized (AEBP)Regular Price ₹2250 Special Price ₹1604
- GDC ISO Sized Plugger -7 (.60mm) (RCPCC60)Regular Price ₹1876 Special Price ₹1333
- Hu Friedy DE Endodontic Explorer #DG16/23(EXDG16/23)Special Price ₹1367#6 Satin SteelOut of StockHu Friedy Root Canal Spreader #D11TS(RCSD11S)Special Price ₹1545Single Ended Hand SpreaderCold Lateral CondensationOut of StockHu Friedy Root Canal Spreader #D11 (RCSD11)Special Price ₹1415Single Ended Hand SpreaderCold Lateral CondensationOut of StockHu Friedy DE Endo Explorer Satin Steel #DG16(EXDG166)Special Price ₹1486#6 Satin SteelOut of Stock
Buy Endodontic Instruments Online in India
Endodontics is the field of dentistry that deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases involving the dental pulp and associated diseases. Conservative dentistry deals with interventional treatment of teeth affected by carious lesions. The instruments used in these fields are plenty in number having various applications.
Restorative dentistry deals with the removal of carious lesions of the teeth and filling with suitable biocompatible substitutes. The classification of cavities given by GV Black is followed till date with very few modifications. Sometimes restorative treatment is done to restore aesthetics in teeth such as incisors and canines.
What are the instruments used in operative dentistry?
Operative dentistry involves the preparation of cavities in teeth affected by dental caries. The caries is removed and the prepared cavity has certain physical features to aid in retention and other properties of the restoration. The following instruments are used in operative dentistry:
These instruments are used for removal of tooth structure. They have sharp cutting edges to facilitate cavity preparation. Cutting instruments may be further classified as follows:
Hand cutting instruments:
These instruments are manually operated by the clinician during restorative therapy. The hand cutting instruments used in restorative dentistry are manufactured from two main materials namely, stainless steel and carbon steel. Carbide inserts in certain instruments make the cutting edges more durable. The following hand cutting instruments are used in operative dentistry:
Chisels are single ended instruments having the cutting edge perpendicular to the long axis of the instrument. The different types of chisels include the straight chisel, mono-angled chisel, binangled chisel and triple angled chisels. They are used to pave and cleave enamel and to flatten the pulpal floor
Hoes are instruments that resemble mono-angled chisels but they differ in the fact that the blade angle is more than 12.5 centigrade.
Hatchets are instruments where the cutting edge is perpendicular to the axis of the blade. They are bibevelled and are used with a push stroke. Enamel hatchets are used to prepare retentive areas on anterior teeth and to sharpen the internal line angles in certain restorations.
Gingival margin trimmers are double ended instruments that have their cutting edges parallel to the long axis of the instrument. They are double planed and are used to give the gingival cavo surface bevel and rounding or bevelling the axio-pulpal line angle.
Angle formers are paired instruments having a ring on the shank. They are used to exaggerate the line angles and point angles in certain restorations. They can be used to improve the retention form of the cavity.
Spoon excavators are modified hatchets. They have a circumferential bevel and are used to scoop out carious tooth material. They can also be used in carving amalgam restorations. Their cutting edges are discoid or cleoid representing circular or claw like cutting edges.
Rotary cutting instruments:
Rotary instruments in operative dentistry can be classified as cutting and abrasive instruments. This is based on the material from which they are made of. Rotary instruments made are made of tungsten carbide or diamond grits. The carbide burs are operate with a cutting action whereas the diamond burs have an abrasive action on the tooth. Burs are dental instruments which turn on an axis with different speeds of rotation for application in different procedures.
Carbide burs are present in various shapes and are used in preparation of the cavity, namely,
- Round bur - gain initial entry into the tooth
- Inverted cone bur - to place undercuts in cavity preparation and to flatten the pulpal floor
- Pear shaped bur - to create an undercut preparation and to smoothen the cavity walls
- Straight fissure bur - Cavity preparation for composite restorations and others
- Tapered fissure bur - in tooth preparation for indirect restorations such as inlays
ISO system of numbering for burs uses the name of the head shape and the size of the head in one tenth of a millimetre. For example, a round bur 010 indicates a round head design off 1mm diameter
Diamond burs are made from diamond chips that are bonded to blanks or heads. The coarseness of the bur determines the grit of the bur such as medium grit or fine grit. They consist of powdered diamond abrasive particles that are bonded to a metal blank by using a metallic bonding material.
The diamond particle sizes of various grits with colour codes are:
- Coarse grit -125 – 150 microns (Green)
- Medium grit - 88 – 125 microns (Blue)
- Fine grit - 60 – 74 microns (Red)
- Very fine grit - 38 – 44 microns (Yellow)
The following acronyms are used in naming the burs
- TC - Tapered Conical End
- TR - Tapered Round End
- TF - Tapered Flat End
- FO - Flame Ogival End
- SF - Straight Flat End
- SO - Straight Ogival End
- BR - Ball Round
- WR - Wheel Round Edge
These instruments are used to fill the prepared cavities with suitable materials. These filling instruments used in dentistry can be classified as follows:
Mixing spatulas made of stainless steel or plastic are used to mix dental cements for restorative purposes. They are double ended instruments having a blunt end and a sharp end.
Plastic filling instruments:
The plastic instruments are used to carry the cements and restorative material when they are in a soft or plastic stage. One end is flat used to carry the cement and the other end is cylindrical to aid in manipulation and positioning of the cement. Plastic instruments are specially designed for composite restorations to enhance the treatment process. They are coated with Teflon to inhibit the adhesion of the material to the instrument.
Condensing instruments such as the cylindrical condenser and parallelogram condenser are used to pack the filling material into the cavity. These instruments may be larger or smaller in size to be used in cavities of different sizes.
Carving and Finishing instruments:
The instruments to carve restorations are the Hollenback carver, Diamond carver, Ward’s carver, interproximal carver and discoid-cleoid carver. They are commonly employed in carving of amalgam restorations. Burnishing instruments have rounded edges which are used to polish or burnish the surface of the metallic restorations using a rubbing motion. They are available in various shapes such as round, flame shaped, egg shaped, fish tail shaped etc.
Rubber Dam Instruments:
Isolation using rubber dam has been recommended to ensure that no moisture contamination occurs during the restorative process. It was introduced in 1864 by SC Barnum in New York City. The rubber dam material has a dull side and a shiny side. The dull side is less light reflective and placed facing the occlusal side of the isolated teeth. They come in thicknesses such as thin, medium, heavy and super heavy. The rubber dam holder or frame, also known as Young’s frame is a ‘U’ shaped metal frame that is used to maintain the borders of the rubber dam in position. The rubber dam retainer or clamps are used to anchor the dam to the most posterior tooth to be isolated. They have 4 prongs and 2 jaws connected by a bow. Rubber dam clamps have wings to provide extra retention of the rubber dam. The rubber dam punch is a precision instrument having a rotating metal table. The table has 6 holes of various sizes intended for different teeth. A sharp pointed plunger is used to create holes in the rubber dam. Rubber dam forceps are used to carry, place and remove the rubber dam clamps
What are the brands selling endodontic instruments online in India?
SS White, Mani, Dentsply, Dispodent, Filaydent, Ivoclar Vivadent, GDC, SybronEndo, TopDent and Hu Friedy are some of the brands selling endodontic instruments online at PinkBlue.in
Why buy endodontic instruments online at PinkBlue.in?
PinkBlue.in is the one stop shop for all endodontic instruments online. Instruments manufactured by the best brands can be found at our website at the best prices online in India. The benefits from purchasing your dental supplies from PinkBlue are plenty, including the cashback points awarded on every purchase and the best combo offers at great prices. With various convenient payment options available, you can order your dental supplies from PinkBlue.in in a few simple steps.